Baby S {Our Reveal}



On February 16th, we surprised our parents and grandparents with a gender reveal! Daniel and I knew the baby's sex for almost a week before spilling the beans to our family members. We had genetic testing done and part of that included being able to find out the sex. So, after a LONG week of waiting, our results came in and the two of us put the nurse on speaker phone so we could both hear her say that our baby is a BOY! 

I am horrible with secrets but I managed to keep it to myself until Saturday rolled around. Our parents and grandparents had known about the baby since Christmas. They all came down to celebrate my birthday, not knowing we would be telling them the sex of the baby. 

I lined the table with pink, blue, and white hydrangeas. I wore blue and Daniel wore pink. We shared the news with a gorgeous cheesecake filled with blue to represent a boy. The cheesecake was topped with chocolate drizzle, our gold "it's a..." sign and blueberries, raspberries, blackberries, and strawberries, the berries representing "pink and blue". We loved cutting into the cake, revealing the bright blue inside to our family. 

Thank you to Sweet Revolution Bakery in Lafayette for creating exactly what I envisioned. 




Comments

Popular Posts