My Favorite Things {Memorial Day Weekend}

Happy Memorial Day weekend, friends. The weather is heating up ladies and gentlemen. Finally! To celebrate the winding down of another school year, the starting up of a new cheerleading season, the beautiful weather here in Indiana, and of course a great Memorial Day weekend,  here are some of the things I am loving right now:

1. Tanceuticals:
As a former pageant girl, I have tried every self-tanner under the sun and I find that most leave me unsatisfied. They can be streaky, orange-y, and worst of all, stinky. I feel best when I have some color, especially before big events. I tried Tanceauticals products and was race day ready at the Kentucky Derby with my glowing tan. I tried the body lotion in dark and the face lotion in dark. I liked the smell (super beachy and coconuty) and I liked the application mitt. The mitt made application so simple- I tend to worry about my nails and palms getting stained and brown, but the mitt kept them protected. Plus, the mitt helped me feel like I was getting the lotion all over my limbs evenly. I applied the light (not too heavy or thick) lotions before bed. I woke up to a fantastic color- Not orange or streaky but dark enough for a pageant gal like me who loves DARK color. I am so impressed with this brand! Excellent product for a glowing and safe Memorial Day weekend tan. 
Tan and happy at Churchill Downs

2. 6th Borough Boutique:
For as long as I can remember, I have worn jewelry. I feel naked without at least some type of jewelry on at all times. I used to rock big chunky things in high school. I inherited my great grandmother's fun twist-on earrings and brightly-colored necklaces with huge baubles. I LOVED wearing big earrings and tons of bracelets. I still cherish those pieces today, but I also have a passion for more delicate pieces, too. I fell in love with this initial necklace from 6th Borough Boutique. The Z is big and bold, but dainty at the same time. I have received so many compliments on this gold necklace; it can dressed up or down and looks great with cocktail dresses or tank tops.

Worn here at the Mrs. Indiana 2018 pageant. Congrats to Mrs. Indiana, Kayzie!
3. Design by Humans:
One of my favorite things to do at Disney is watch the Storm Troopers march down the street at Hollywood Studios. They are really and truly scary up close! On May 4th, I was proud to wear this insanely cute tank by Design by Humans. They produce a variety of apparel products designed by independent artists form over 100 countries! Every purchase directly supports an artist and allows them to continue to create. They have licensed Star Wars apparel in tons of cute designs like my tropical print tank. Pew Pew. Shop my tank HERE.

4. Cherry Republic:
This company is such a sentimental one for me. I remember my Grandma Clancy letting me pick products out of their illustrated catalog when I was little. The brand was founded in 1989 and values Michigan's "up North" lifestyle, located in Glen Arbor. I hadn't had any of their awesome snacks in soooo long, but recently Cherry Republic was featured on a show Daniel and I watch often, Booze Traveler, and I was flooded with memories of this great brand that perfectly represents my home state. They make gourmet cherry products, using both sweet and tart cherries. Shop their salsas, chocolates, beverages, gift baskets, or trail mixes and I promise that you won't be disappointed. They make for perfect Memorial Day snack foods- Enjoy on a boat, on a patio, on the beach.

Illustrations from cherryrepublic.com
I wish you all a safe, happy, and long weekend. Enjoy your family and friends. And of course, don't forget the meaning of this holiday. Happy Memorial Day!

Comments

Popular Posts