My Advice for the New Mrs. Indiana





 In a few short weeks there will be a new Mrs. Indiana! My year with the red, white, and blue sash was a magical one. I'll never forget when I heard Nicole call my name on that stage announcing me as Mrs. Indiana 2016. Some lucky woman will experience that feeling for herself soon, so I'm sharing my advice on how to have the best experience possible as a titleholder. Take it from this has-been; it is one wild and fantastic ride!

1. Take pictures- the year flies by. I look through pictures from my reign all the time and it brings back the most incredible memories
2. Say 'yes" to every opportunity- don't turn down any chance to wear the crown and promote the program. Yes, life gets busy, but trust me when I say it is worth it to be exhausted for a year
3. Wear gowns as often as you can- life as a former isn't nearly as glamorous and you'll miss playing dress up. Enjoy the fanciness and dress like the queen you are
4. Don't worry about Mrs. America- the national pageant is about having fun and soaking in the experience, not stressing out about your performance. Make friends and live it up, don't focus too much on placing, winning. etc.
5. Frequent your sponsors- businesses and individuals give to you, so give back by advertising on social media and visiting their stores. I have gotten so much use out of the cute clothing, fun jewelry, and life-changing treatments like laser hair removal. Sponsors rock
6. Say thank you- send thank you cards and/or autograph cards to everyone and anyone who supports you throughout the year. It is an amazing feeling when you see a picture of your autograph card hanging up in a little girl's room or on the wall of a sponsor's business
7. Make memories- journal, blog- whatever you like- just make sure you write down your favorite moments so you can look back on them later and smile
8. Remember your job- you were chosen to represent Indiana. Your job is to impact as many lives as possible in one short year. Dresses and crowns are fun, sure, but don't lose sight of the goal. Remember to volunteer often and leave a legacy. YOU can make a difference. We all believe in you!


Wishing the lovely contestants the best of luck! I look forward to meeting my new Mrs. Indiana sister on April 21 in the South Bend Century Center's Bendix Theater.

Comments

Popular Posts