Mrs. Indiana Adventures {March + April}


I am facing the fact that my time is dwindling and that my chance to make an impact in the Hoosier state as Mrs. Indiana is quickly flying by. I had a whirlwind start to my Spring Break, as I made two wonderful appearances and one great trip to a sponsor. I'm more thankful each day that passes of this reign. I know it must end soon, but not quite yet;)


1. Cinderella Dress Day- Fort Wayne- March 25
I spent the day as a "Fairy Godmother", helping girls find prom dresses. Over 500 girls found the dresses of their dreams for free! It was quite the event as I ran around putting dresses on racks, hanging them back on hangers, and giving fashion advice. I was so touched as I saw the gratitude in the eyes of some of these wonderful girls. They loved picking dresses- and not only that! There were stations set up for accessories, shoes, undergarments, and even an area where seamstresses worked to make each dress fit like a glove. This event was put on so flawlessly by the FWMS Alliance. I loved chatting with a Mrs. Indiana 2016 contestant, Jennifer Garrison. She was on the committee for the event and she clearly has a heart of gold. Great to see you, Jennifer and thank you for inviting me!
How can you have a bad day when your name says "Fairy Godmother" beneath it?


Jennifer, bravo for organizing this event!
2. Miss Spirit of Indiana- Indianapolis- March 26
There are few things better than witnessing a dream come true. I had the honor of emceeing Miss Spirit of Indiana. It was held at the Footlight Theater. Outside of tripping on stage and almost falling flat on my face, I had a blast. I enjoy being a part of MAO in as many ways as I can because it is so inspiring to see young ladies working tirelessly toward a goal. This local is for ladies who have not yet competed at Miss Indiana as Miss (18-24 years old) contestant. The winner was a true example of hard work and perseverance. She competed at over 50 locals before taking home the crown! Congrats to Lyndsea Burke, the amazing new Miss Spirit of Indiana.
Lyndsea Burke, Miss Spirit of Indiana. Good luck at Miss Indiana!


Miss Banks of the Wabash sisterhood: Miss Banks 2017, 2016, and 2014.


Samantha Robbins, Miss White River
 
The beautiful contestants
 
Thank you to Ashley Rene's for always making me feel beautiful
 
The lovely Kaylee Arthur
3. B.loved sponsor visit- Seymour
Thank you to B.loved, a Mrs. Indiana sponsor, for your kindness. I paid their adorable store a visit over break and found the perfect cocktail dress. I can't wait to show it off at the Mrs. Indiana 2016 pageant.

There is something fun in this bag!


4. Purdue Challenge 5k- West Lafayette- April 8
It was an early morning well spent in Boilermaker country on April 8th. It happened to be Miss America Day of Service, so my mom (we co-direct Miss Cardinal), our Miss Cardinal Katie, and I helped direct traffic along the race route on campus. Miss America Organization titleholders and volunteers all over the country volunteered in their respective communities on this day. I got to pull double duty as Mrs. Indiana of course, too. This 5k is intended to raise funds for the Purdue Cancer Research Foundation. People of all ages started out at Ross-Ade Stadium and wound their way around campus with dogs, strollers, and sweat. After cheering on the runners and walkers, we soaked up the sun in the stadium. This is not the first time I have volunteered at this event- The first time was in 2013 and it was so cold that we thought we might lose our toes. So, I was very happy to have a morning full of sun.





2. Club NewTone- Children's Camp visit- Lafayette- April 9
I work with amazing people. One of the awesome LJHS freshmen coaches, Sandy, works at Club NewTone and she invited me into the Children's Camp for a meet-and-greet. I played with cutie pies, signed many an autograph card, and even got to pop in on a workout class. I so enjoy hometown appearances, because I get to meet people in my own community and realize connections I have with people in my own town. I enjoyed touring the club and sharing my bracelets with an adorable toddler, who wasn't so happy to give them back.



Thanks to this workout class for letting me pop in!


She loved the sparking bracelets

Hanna is one of our varsity cheerleaders at Jeff, plus she works at Club NewTone!




Upcoming:
 Humane Society Fashion show- emcee- Elkhart


Mrs. Indiana Pageant 2017 is right around the corner! Join me as I crown the new Mrs. Indiana. Tickets are $15. Remember to follow the Mrs. Indiana Organization on Facebook and Instagram.


Comments

Popular Posts