Mrs. Indiana Events {February and March}

First, I'd like to highlight an event from wayyyyy back in sweet summertime. I realized I never posted about this one, so I wanted to share. In June, I had the honor of walking in U93 radio station's Roofsit Fashion Show. I had a fitting at Jules Boutique in Elkhart, where we decided on a handful of fun outfits I would wear in the show. Unfortunately, it rained like crazy on fashion show day, and we had to end the show early. I only got to showcase one outfit. I was terrified of stepping up onto the runway because it was slippery from the rain and this was not too long after my hip surgery. I made it up onto the runway though and showed off a cute red dress. Thank you go to Bethza for doing the models' makeup, Salon J for doing our hair, and to Jules Boutique for the clothing.


U93 Roofsit is an annual event designed to help stop child abuse in Michiana. They hold several events, like the fashion show, to draw attention to this crisis and raise funds and awareness. According to U93's site, "Roofsit began in 1996 when two DJs at U93  wanted to help victims of abuse. The DJs spent a week on local business rooftop, day and night . They stayed on-air, sharing letters, emails, phone calls and personal interviews with survivors of abuse, often breaking down in tears over the pain the survivors had endured. Donations poured in to help educate the community and provide counseling services for victims and survivors."


Though the rain had other plans for the fashion show, I did get to meet a mother who fought to pass a bill after her son was abused and killed at daycare. It was touching to hear her story and to learn more about how she was making a difference.


Not only were there models and fashions at the event, there were adoptable dogs, too! I loved holding a sweet puppy from Animal Welfare Group. I so hope that these dogs found great homes.
Jules Boutique models

Walking the runway



Mrs. Indiana 2016 and 2015
Okay, now on to the recent stuff. On February 18th, I emceed Miss Elkhart County, a local that leads to Miss Indiana then Miss America. I have written about my love for MAO before, I know, but I always love when I get to play a small part in making dreams come true. It was especially meaningful on this night, because our dear friend Andrea took home the title of Miss Elkhart County. She has worked so hard for this, so it was special to me to be the one to call Andrea's name. Congratulations to Andrea Kline and Brandi Walk!

My wonderful grandmas and mom came to support me and to see the crown go on Andrea's head
My mom and I are so proud to have recently announced that we are now the directors of another Miss Indiana local, Miss Cardinal. We just crowned our new titleholders, Katie Schleis and Skyelar Winner, in Kokomo on March 5th. We cannot wait to work with them this year! We have an adventurous road of Miss Indiana preparations ahead of us. All of the contestants were just spectacular and I hope to see them all compete again.

Say hello to the very first Miss Cardinal and Miss Cardinal's Outstanding Teen!

Thanks Chris for lending us your time as a judge. I love when I get to bring friends into the world of pageantry.


To backtrack a week, I had the pleasure of co-emceeing Lafayette's Wish Gala on February 25.. It was held at the Lahr Attrium, which happens to be where Daniel and I held the rehearsal dinner for our wedding. Awwww. This event raises money to grant a local wish through the Make a Wish Foundation. I had a blast. To make it even more fun, Dani, another Lafayette Jefferson coach, modeled in the fashion show at the event as well as one of our beautiful cheerleaders. Congratulations to Sarah Parent of Sarah Parent Photography (our wedding photographer) for making the goal!
It was touching to meet last year's Make a Wish family and hear their story. They had to opportunity to go to Disney World and spoke about how much fun their son, Anders, plus their daughters, Ella and Lauren, had on the magical trip. Lauren and Ella also walked the runway and looked beautiful. My amazing mom came to support me and be my personal photographer. She's the best. I love seeing a community, especially my own, come together to make dreams, or wishes rather, come true.
Thank you Sarah Parent for letting me be a part of this event

Grand Finale- Great job to all of the models

Thank you to my co-emcee Neil Radtke for letting me host with him

It was wonderful to chat with the Maresh family, last year's Wish family

Lauren and Ella stole the show

Sometimes we coach cheer, sometimes we emcee and model in the Wish Gala

Thank you to Chiffon Bridal for providing my gown for the night





Follow me at @mrsindiana2016 AND follow the Mrs. Indiana America Pageant's Instagram for updates on my reign. On April 22, the pageant's page will start featuring the NEW Mrs. Indiana's journey. Wahhh. Until then, you're stuck with me:

Comments

Popular Posts