Adventures of Mrs. Indiana {Summer + Fall}

Coaching, baking, fund-raising, and more!


The Crown went to cheer camp this summer. My cheerleaders loved trying on the sparkly headpiece.
Daniel and I make a tradition out of going to the Kentucky Derby, but we can have our racing fun right here in our state! I was honored to be a part of a great evening called a Knight in Arms at the Indiana Grand. We honored veterans and raised funds for service men and women. I had fun speaking at dinner and helping with the raffle. It was a beautiful night at the track.
Choosing a new fair queen with my Miss Indiana and Delta Gamma sister, Emily, was a day very well spent. I learned so much about the LaPorte County Fair.
Ronald McDonald house smelled awfully good after my visit, if I do say so myself. I was able to bake some brownie-cookie desserts for the families of patients staying at the hospital. I enjoyed meeting some kind family members and some sweet patients.
The hospitality at the Elkhart County Fair is unmatched. Thank you to the Jordan family and the lovely people at the state's largest fair for showing me such a great time as we held a wild (think cows, rabbits, and rides) photoshoot!
I was honored to help choose the newest Distinguished Young Woman of Elkhart County as a judge. She heads to the state competition in February.
I met the lovely contestants in the Great Tippecanoe County Distinguished Young Women program in September. I conducted an interview workshop, where we worked on speaking skills, confidence, and poise. I received the most heart-felt thank you notes form these sweet girls.
Sponsor Shout Outs start right here:


Thank you goes to Get Bronzed by Brandy, as she flawlessly applied a perfect spray tan for nationals. Thanks, Brandy!
Another thank you goes to Bethza for the insane eyelashes for Mrs. America. They were wowza.
I am thankful for the sponsorship of Honeybear Baking for these absolutely adorable cookies in the shape of out great state. The ladies at nationals LOVED them.
Thank you to Air Creek Photography for the photo on my autograph cards!
Thank you to the folks at the Indy 500 for the neat pins! I was able to present pins from over the years (some even had tiny pieces of the bricks in them!) along with Indiana charms, to my sister queens.
Indy Laser, you da bomb for my treatments.
Thanks Sorella Boutique for many cute rehearsal outfits I sported at Nationals.
Thank you to Great American Supply in Lafayette for the sponsorship toward my national ad!
Thank you to Judee's for this fun black number I sported in Vegas. It was so comfy, I even took a snooze in it.
I rocked three glowing gowns in Vegas from Bridal Elegance, thank you!
Blushing Bride on 17 supplied Mr. Indiana's tux. He looked as handsome as ever.
These are just a few of the thank-you's I owe to generous sponsors. There are many more fabulous people and businesses that help make this life-changing year happen for me. I thank you all from the bottom of my heart.




Next up: SASSY Magazine Fashion Show on Nov 9, emceeing Miss Collegiate North on Nov 13, and riding in the Lafayette Christmas Parade on Dec 3. See you there!











Comments

Popular Posts