Mrs. America Week


Mrs. America Week


I cannot yet seem to put into words how thankful I am for the journey that is my reign as Mrs. Indiana and the experience that was Mrs. America. I have never felt so supported, so loved, so cheered for, so prepared for something. I spent my week in Las Vegas with 51 talented, kind, warm, supportive, and accomplished women. I met the Siegals, owners of Westgate and founders of Victoria's Voice Foundation. I dined with Mrs. World and chatted with Mrs. America. I presented a gift to Florence Henderson. I stayed up late talking to my roommate and woke up in the dead of the night to start hair and makeup. I learned how to walk in plastic heels, I sought out the best lighting for pictures, I thanked my amazing sponsors. I represented my state as a peony, our state flower, and I introduced my best friend on stage as my handsome husband. I danced (so much), I ate (both excellent and food-poisoning-inducing), and I laughed. These women inspired me. My family moved me, as I watched them once again drop everything to come see me reach my dreams. I gained new friendships and already miss my sister queens. I think that pictures are usually a better way to explain the unexplainable and to tell the story too long to tell. I had the BEST week in Nevada. Please look through some pictures of my experience. I think that my smile will tell the story of my week at Mrs. America better than any words ever could. See my Facebook or Instagram for more pictures!

































Comments

Popular Posts