My Favorite Things {June}

Sometimes you find really cool things that make life better/easier/happier and you want to share them with the world. Plus, sometimes you have hip surgery and you have a lot of time to write a blog article because you can't do much more than sit/lie down for a few weeks. Here are some awesome things I'm loving right now as I shop from my iPhone, while icing my hip and living off Hydrocodone:


1. This adorable tank from Enchanted Ranch Boutique is a combination of all the best things in life. What more could you want than an American flag deer wearing a crown? When you're a pageant gal and your husband hunts, plus you obviously love the best country in the world, you order this cute top. Check out Enchanted Ranch Boutique for tons of fun summer treats for your closet. Image courtesy of Enchanted Ranch Boutique.

2. I always love finding great companies that give back. As if you need another reason to buy wine, One Hope gives to several deserving causes that work to end hunger, cure cancer, and provide clean water, to name a few. So not only do you get a great bottle of wine (or some coffee or other gifts) but you are helping people in need, too. And look at the glittery bottle! Perfection. Image courtesy of One Hope.

3. I like to A. buy local B. show off my Hoosier pride and C. shop for clothes. So naturally I was thrilled to get my first shirt from United State of Indiana! They have several Indiana-themed shirt options for both men and women to celebrate your town/favorite IN sporting event/the bicentennial, plus drink-ware, hats, and more. I can't wait to wear my shirt and rep my state at Mrs. America!

4. I've been teaching for three years and I've been using Plum Paper teacher planners for three years. I LOVE their products. I am the type of person who can't function without her planner and I can't imagine surviving without my Plum Paper. I love the lesson planning books because you can lesson plan AND life plan all in one place. As a coach and a titleholder, I usually have a crazy cheer schedule all week with appearances on weekends. I am able to keep everything organized for both work and play in my teacher planner. Not a teacher? Try the student planners, fitness planners, address books, or notebooks. They have precious monogram designs, many color and pattern options, plus horizontal and vertical layouts. 

 5. What is more perfect for me than a Mrs. Indiana 2016 bracelet?! I can't wait to start wearing this for appearances. Heard of Keep Collective? If you like personalized jewelry, you'll have a ball designing your bracelet. They offer tons of "keys", or charms, to add to endless options of bracelets and necklaces. Even pet collars! If you need a gift for your favorite queen, create a special bracelet to show off her title. Or you can choose from other keys to make a great graduation, birthday, or Mother's Day present. 


6. Lastly, one of my newest favorite sites is GoFundMe. Hands down one of the most helpful creations, as it helps people raise funds for the things, people, organizations, and journeys they care about most. I have given to many GoFundMe causes in the past but now it is my turn to ask for help.
In August, I have the unbelievable opportunity to compete for the title of Mrs. America. I cannot wait! This is a once-in-a-lifetime chance to have a voice in our country and to make an impact. This means so much to me to be a part of the Mrs. America organization. I love everything it stands for; excellence, professionalism, and celebration of family values. I have already started preparations and I plan to do everything I can to ensure that I make the Hoosier state proud in August. The road to nationals is an exciting one, but an expensive one as well. I need help to make this goal of bringing the crown home to Indiana a reality.  As I have a teacher's budget, I will need help funding the required goals and my personal goals that will benefit the Mrs. America organization, such as funding the required national ad, travel, appearances, and helping my support team get to Las Vegas to cheer me on. Please consider helping me on my journey to the Mrs. America stage. Any bit helps, and is so greatly appreciated. For all those able to contribute, I will definitely be sending very special thank-you's and recognizing you as a vital part of helping me chase my dreams! 



Comments

Popular Posts