Easy Ways to Volunteer



I love volunteering. I like to know that I can help make a difference, be it small or large, in the lives of others. I always say that volunteering often does more for the giver than the receiver; you can find a sense of belonging in helping out. Finding volunteer opportunities can often be challenging though, so I want to share how social media can be one of the easiest ways to find service projects that speak to you. Here are some (there are MANY more out there, too) organizations on Twitter that will make finding a project, event, or charity you feel drawn to as easy as pie. Check them out!



Title: GreatNonprofits
Twitter handle: @GreatNonprofits  
What they do: They review nonprofits so you don't have to.

Title: Volunteer Spot
Twitter handle: @VolunteerSpot
What they do: "FREE time-saving coordination tool that makes volunteering at school, teams, and nonprofits a snap." You can sign up to track events.

Title: All Hands Volunteers
Twitter handle: @AllHands
What they do: Provide assistance to survivors of natural disasters. This nonprofit is looking for help world-wide.

Title: VolunteerMatch
Twitter handle: @VolunteerMatch
What they do: Connect volunteers to great causes that they'll enjoy.

Title: HandsOn Network
Twitter handle: @HandsOnNetwork
What they do: "Our vision is that one day every person will discover their power to make a difference, creating healthy communities and vibrant democracies around the world."

Aaaaaaand a small plug for my Twitter campaign and personal platform, of course. Volunteering has been my focus for many years now and I plan to continue promoting volunteerism throughout my year as Mrs. Indiana.
Title: Volunteer America
Twitter handle: @volunteer_today
What I do: Hook followers up with volunteer opportunities across the state of Indiana, providing details such as dates, contact info, and important criteria.

Comments

Popular Posts