Hoosier Proud

SO Proud to be Mrs. Indiana

Mrs. Indiana 2016 is a title I can now answer to! I am still soaking in the excitement that is having a sash that reads "Indiana". I cannot wait for the year ahead to unfold, and I want to share my experiences throughout the year. I recently started a GoFundMe account, as well as a t-shirt fundraiser. These are both to help me in my journey this year, as it does take a lot to fund the travel, wardrobe, national ads, and planning that go along with the title. I know how much it means to know where your money is going, so this is a place to travel down this journey with me and take a glimpse into the year of Mrs. Indiana 2016.

I am honored to have this title, as I know how hard women across the country work to achieve this kind of goal. I know how much the prefix "Mrs." means to women. It stands for marriage and all the awesomeness that goes with that. I know how much the word "Indiana" means to people who live in, work in, and love this state. I was crowned on April 17th in South Bend, Indiana. I cried when I stepped on stage in my navy gown and I smiled when I saw my family sitting in the audience cheering me on with giant paper "Z"'s.

I now have my sights set on the Mrs. America stage. Spending the week with the other contestants, one from each state, will be a blast. I guess seeing Las Vegas for the first time could be pretty fun, too. I will share my fitness preparations along the way to the Mrs. America stage (this part is always a challenge because tacos), my appearances, and my life as a teacher, coach, dog mom, and wife in West Lafayette. I am up for the adventure and I promise to make the Hoosier state proud.


Mr. Indiana, Daniel

Crowning Moment









Comments

Popular Posts